Friday, May 15, 2009

NEW BOOKS

I spent my Friday night at Barnes and Noble tonight. Got some more mythology books! Cannot wait to bring them in the class room so y'all can check them out! Woo Hoo!  Here are the books I got:


Graphic Novel: Odysseus Escaping Poseidon's Curse























The Shadow Thieves - "What if Greek Myths were real?"















Graphic Novel Theseus Battling The Minotaur - I think the Minotaur was given a bad rap...I kind of like him....













The Kingdom Keepers - Ok, so this one is not about mythology, but I thought it looked cool. It's about some kids that get locked in Disney's Magic Kingdom...and have to deal with things like the Pirates from the Caribbean, figurines from It's a Small World, and ghosts from the Haunted Mansion! How cool?!?! I love Disney, so I had to get this one!











Tales of the Greek Heroes - with and introduction by no other than RICK RIORDAN - Mythology adventures and stories, but told in a more up-to-date way. 














Graphic Novel Perseus The Hunt for Medusa's Head - now, since I read the book Corydon and the Island of the Monsters, I have a different view of who Medusa and Perseus really were. Was Perseus really a hero? Or was he a wimp? Was Medusa really a monster, or a kind woman who had been cursed? Hmm....













Pandora Gets Jealous - I think I had this one already in my classroom, but I got another copy. It's Pandy's story--but told in a more "fun" and modern way! 













The Twilight Prisoner - Last but not least....I know AO and A&W RootBeer might fight over this book on Monday...the sequel to The Night Tourist....Jack Perdue (No, not PURDUE, my favorite...unfortunately...) and Cora, from his Latin class hit it off......and get stuck in the Underworld! 

No comments:

Post a Comment